Here is my first blog post. I know I’m a bit late on this, but better late than never!
In case you don’t know, I’ve closed down my business, ended the lease on my apartment, sold my car, discarded the majority of my material possessions and I have taken off on a 9 month backpacking trip around South America!
While I’m off having the time of my life, I’m going to be using this blog to share my travel stories, so that friends and family can follow along with my journey. That being said, I don’t plan on just writing about my travels and I hope to continue writing after I return home.
Besides travel I am also very passionate about lifestyle entrepreneurship and personal development, so I may throw in some posts that relate to these other passions from time to time. This blog is more for me to practice self expression and reflection more than anything else and I will basically write about whatever I feel like writing about.
My life mission is to inspire and help people all around the world to overcome mediocrity and to turn their dreams into reality. I want my blogs theme to align with this.
I am a strong believer in setting intentions for everything that I do, so that is what I am going to do now for my trip.
Intentions of my South America 2015 Trip:
- To gain complete clarity on what I want to do next when I return home 9 months from now. To figure out what my next steps are that will align with my life mission and will move me toward my long-term vision.
- To become Fluent in Spanish
- To become skilled in dancing Salsa
- To integrate the habit of daily meditation and make progress in my spiritual development
- To learn how to open up, be vulnerable and develop deep, meaningful relationships
- To find the balance between confidence and humility
- To spend at least 2 weeks volunteering
- To develop a more selfless and outward focused attitude
- To live outside my comfort zone
- To take time for deep reflection and introspection
- To live stress free
- To improve my storytelling ability
- To break through limiting beliefs and social programming that does not serve me
- To maintain a healthy lifestyle
- To make countless new lifelong friends
- To stay safe and have lots of fun!
- For everyone that I love and care about, back home and around the world, to be healthy and happy and have an amazing year while I am traveling.
Here is a brief outline of what I have to look forward to this year…
My Very Tentative Travel Itinerary:
- January – Patagonia with Shaun
- February 5-15 – Antarctica
- February 18 – March 1 – Vipassana 10-Day Meditation Retreat
- March – Mid April – Live in Buenos Aires taking full time Spanish Lessons
- April – Mid May – Backpack through Bolivia and Southern Peru
- May 11 – May 26 – Ayahuasca and Huachuma Mesada Retreat in Iquitos
- June – Travel with my Dad (Machu Pichu, Amazon Rainforest, Galapagos Islands)
- July – Sept 24 – Columbia and Panama (Volunteer at some point during this time)
- Sept 24 – Fly home to attend PSI Principia Seminar in San Francisco
I don’t usually actually follow my travel plans when I backpack, but this is the best guess at an itinerary that I have at the moment.
That’s all for now. I hope to start posting about my travels soon!
If you like what you read, please go ahead and follow my blog. Click “follow” at the top right corner of the page.